Hyaluronic Acid based natural alternative to polyvinyl plastic (PVP) for slowing sperm for ICSI.
6 × 100 µl (Not available in Europe)
SpermCatch is a natural alternative to polyvinylpirrolidone (polyvinyl plastic – PVP) for slowing sperm for ICSI. Clinicians have always been concerned that injecting this artificial product (PVP) into the oocyte along with the sperm may cause damage to acrosomal, mitochondrial, and plasma membranes, as well as to the chromosomal DNA.
SpermCatch contains human serum albumin. (hSA). This component is manufactured from human blood donated in the United States. The blood donors who supply the human plasma are tested for various viruses before being allowed to donate blood for this purpose. Each plasma donation is individually tested for ALT, HBs antigen, HIV-1/2 antibodies, and HCV antibodies by ELISA. Only those plasma donations found non-reactive for these antibodies are used for the manufacture of the hSA component. The plasma pool is tested again before manufacture of the hSA product. The hSA product is heated at 60°C for 10 hours as a final precaution.
- Alternative method for modulating sperm motility based on Hyaluronic Acid.
- 1 year shelf-life
- SpermCatch contains only substances normally found in the mammalian reproductive tract. Exposure of sperm to SpermCatch not only slows sperm, but also mimics the naturally occurring sequence of events during in vivo fertilization.
- Sodium chloride
- Potassium chloride
- Magnesium sulphate
- Potassium dihydrogen phosphate
- Sodium bicarbonate
- hSA (human Serum Albumin)
- Purified water
- Calcium lactate
- Sodium pyruvate
- Hyaluronic Acid
- pH: 7.0 – 8.5.
- Osmolality (mOsm/kg H2O): 290-320.
- Endotoxin levels: <1.0 EU/mL.
- Sperm survival after preparation and after 18 hours in SpermCatch: > 50%.
- Contents are tested by human sperm survival only.
- Bottles and screw caps are M.E.A. tested.
Storage and Stability
- Store unopened bottles between 2 and 30 degrees Celsius. Avoid temperatures above or below these values. Expiry date is shown on both bottles and cartons.
- Open and close bottles under sterile conditions. After opening store between 2 and 8 degrees Celsius when not in use.
- SpermCatch has a shelf-life of 24 months from date of production when stored at recommended temperatures. Expiration dates on product labels apply only when the product is stored according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- No antibiotics, unstable additives, or preservatives have been added to the product by the manufacturer.
Precautions and warnings
- Use aseptic procedures at all times.
- SpermCatch does not present a fire or combustion hazard. A material safety data sheet is available from the distributor or manufacturer.
- Do not use any solution which shows evidence of bacterial contamination.
- Do not use contents if tamper-evident seal is broken.
- Federal Law (USA) restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.
- Please check for regulatory compliance governing the use of ART products in your country.
Intracytoplasmic morphologically selected sperm injection (IMSI) after repeated IVF or ICSI failures: a prospective comparative study
Delaroche L1, Yazbeck C, Gout C, Kahn V, Oger P, Rougier N.
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2013 Mar;167(1):76-80
Effects of polyvilylpyrrolidone on sperm function and early embryonic development following intracytoplasmic sperm injection in human assisted reproduction
Yoku Kato, Yoshikazu Nagao
Reprod Med Biol. 2012 Apr;11:165-176.
Balaban B, Lundin K et al
Hum Reprod. 2003 Sep;18(9):1887-9.
Strehler E, Baccetti B, Sterzik K, Capitani S, Collodel G, De Santo M, Gambera L, Piomboni P.
Hum Reprod. 1998 Jan;13(1):120-3.
Hyaluronic acid binding by human sperm indicates cellular maturity, viability, and unreacted acrosomal status.
Huszar G, Ozenci CC, Cayli S, Zavaczki Z, Hansch E, Vigue L.
Fertil Steril. 2003 Jun;79 Suppl 3:1616-24.
Can we use the same protocol for SpermCatch as we have used for PVP products?
Yes, you can use SpermCatch in the same way as products containing PVP.