NidOil 4×100 ml
NidOil is an in vitro overlay for gametes and zygotes.
Some procedures for IVF and ICSI use an oil overlay to protect small volumes of culture medium from evaporation in the incubator and to help dampen the effects of sudden changes in temperature, gas saturation, and pH. Likewise, gamete manipulation under the microscope requires the gametes to be held in small drops of medium under oil, to maintain a constant environment within the culture medium. NidOil is a paraffin oil overlay designed with gametes and embryos in mind.
Nidacon’s NidOil is neither sticky nor too viscous, optimized to facilitate pipetting, but sufficiently viscous to prevent movement of the drops of media around the culture dish. There have been several reports of paraffin oils becoming embryo-toxic after exposure to light on the laboratory bench. As a precaution against any light-induced changes, NidOil is supplied in amber, screw-top bottles.
- In vitro overlay for gametes and zygotes.
- Maintains a constant environment within the culture medium.
- Neither sticky nor overly viscous
- Sufficiently thick to prevent movement of the drops of media around the culture dish in order to facilitate pipetting
- Supplied in amber, screw-top bottles to prevent any light-induced changes (there have been several reports of paraffin oils becoming embryo-toxic after exposure to light on the laboratory bench).
- Light paraffin oil.
- Density: 0.82 – 0.88 g/mL.
- Endotoxin levels: <0.100 EU/mL.
- Oil, bottles and stoppers are M.E.A. tested.
Storage and Stability
- Store unopened bottles between 2 and 27 degrees Celsius. Avoid temperatures above or below these values. Expiry date is shown on both bottles and cartons.
- Open and close bottles under sterile conditions. After opening store between 2 and 8 degrees Celsius when not in use.
- NidOil has a shelf-life of 24 months from date of production when stored at recommended temperatures. Expiration dates on product labels apply only when the product is stored according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- No antibiotics, unstable additives, or preservatives have been added to the product by the manufacturer.
Precautions and warnings
- Use aseptic procedures at all times.
- Do not reuse NidOil. Reuse of the product entails risk of contamination.
- Clean accidental spills using a dampened cloth or paper. Caution: When spilled on floors and benches, NidOil can cause them to be extremely slippery.
- Do not use near open flames. NidOil is combustible and a material safety data sheet is available upon request.
- Do not use contents if tamper-evident seal is broken or if there is any evidence of bacterial contamination.
- Federal Law (USA) restricts the sale of this product (may only be sold by or on the order of a physician). Please check for regulatory compliance governing the use of ART products in your country.